Thursday, October 24, 2013

A Pieced Border

I just couldn't leave it alone.  What I initially thought I would use as a border did not work.  It competed with the tulips.  A definite deal breaker!  And while I like the quilt without a border I just wasn't ready for it be done.....So here it is.






I can't tell you how pleased I am with how it has turned out!  this quilt went together a lot faster than I thought it would.  I even have the back pieced.  Now if I could just find a chunk of time to get it pin basted.  Somehow I think I am going to find some.....


Happy sewing!


4 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

Your pieced border is brilliant! It really makes this quilt your own.

Rene' said...

I agree with the previous commenter. The quilt is perfect now!!!! Love it.

Sujata Shah said...

Shelly,

Your tulip quilt looks gorgeous! i like the pieced border. It makes the quilt uniquely yours! Can't wait to see it quilted.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog...WOW, your quilts are so intricately beautiful.
Andrea, quilting in MN